Our vision at b3 is to provide you as much personalized guidance as necessary for a healthier and happier you. In a sometimes non-practical world, we look to give you tools to improve your time, your health, and your life!
To become the recognized leader in online fitness, nutrition and wellness needs - and stay there through diligence, persistence and integrity. We provide practical ways to allow each to realize their fullest potential through fitness, nutrition and wellness services.
“Your health account, your bank account, they’re the same thing. The more you put in, the more you can take out. Exercise is king and nutrition is queen. Together you have a kingdom.”
- Jack LaLanne, bodybuilder known as the “Godfather of Fitness”
Don Bahneman has worked in the health and fitness industry since 1994, taking an individualized approach for each client. Holding undergraduate degrees in Athletic Training and Sports Management, and Graduate work in Human Performance, Don brings a strong educational background to the personal training industry. Having managed and directed teams since 2002, Don has a proven track record of exceeding expectations in customer satisfaction. Unlike many online coaches or trainers, Don has “walked the walk” and is willing to share his career knowledge with you to get in shape!
As a national presenter, Don has educated the fitness industry on various topics since 2003. Also, Don is an accredited author and contributor in textbooks, magazines, television, radio and various online outlets. Don is a certified strength and conditioning specialist and personal trainer and holds over twelve additional specialty certifications covering corrective exercise, Russian kettlebells, bodyweight training, and nutrition. With experiences training some of the very best athletes in major sports to working with clients after having serious medical issues (strokes, heart attacks, Parkinson’s and orthopedic issues) and everything in between, Don has taken a personal challenge of getting the best from each client and make them not only better, but well equipped for the long haul!
"Don is the best trainer I have ever worked with. On a personal level, he is honest, has a great sense of humor, listens, and really wants his clients to succeed. He can easily partner education and background information with various exercises and really teach his clients to take control of their own fitness. I am grateful to Don for giving me the tools and confidence to really make an impact on my personal health and well-being."
What We've Achieved
- National Presenter since 2003 with over 200+ presentations through various organizations including IDEA, NSCA, ACE, IHRSA, YMCA, CMAA, CSFA, PGA, DCAC, SCW, Power-Systems, AFPA, TSI, Pro-Health, Nautilus Institute, and various private institutions
- Contributing Author - Exercise Physiology - FA Davis - Principles of Exercise Training
- Contributing Author - Women’s Health, USTA - United States Tennis Association, CSFA - Club Spa & Fitness Association, Traditions Magazine, SHAPE Magazine, IDEA Fitness Journal, NSCA, International Association of Chiefs of Police
- Fitness Friday Contributor for TV - KARE 11
- Ask The Expert - FM Radio KS95, Twin Cities, MN
- Past Board Member for Club, Spa, and Fitness Association (CSFA) - Education Co-Chair
- IDEA Fitness Expert Appointment
- ACE Subject Matter Expert for Certified Personal Trainer, Group Fitness Instructor, Advanced Health & Fitness Specialist, and Medical Exercise Specialist Certification Exams
- ACE Master Trainer Appointment having taught workshops on Sports Conditioning, Functional Training, Assessments, and Movement-Based Exercise
- Author of Six Educational DVDs produced by Healthy Learning
- Nautilus Institute Master Trainer Appointment
Current Certifications & Certificates
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) - National Strength & Conditioning Association
- Certified Sports Nutritionist (CISSN) - International Society of Sports Nutritionists
- Russian Kettlebell Certified Instructor - Level II (RKC-II) - Dragon Door
- Level 1 Nutrition Coach (Pn1) - Precision Nutrition
- Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) - American Council on Exercise
- Certified Health Coach – American Council on Exercise
- Corrective Exercise Specialist (CES) - National Academy of Sports Medicine
- Performance Enhancement Specialist (PES) - National Academy of Sports Medicine
- Fitness Nutrition Specialist (FNS) - National Academy of Sports Medicine
- Progressive Calisthenics Certified Instructor (PCC) - Dragon Door
- USA Weightlifting Sports Performance Coach
- Functional Movement Systems Practitioner (FMS) - Functional Movement Systems
- TRX Instructor - TRX Fitness Anywhere
- Schwinn Indoor Cycling Certificate
- American Red Cross CPR/AED
- Titleist Golf Fitness Instructor (TGFI) - Titleist
- Post-Rehabilitation Conditioning Specialist (PRCS) - American Academy of Health, Fitness and Rehabilitation Professionals
Katie Henry, Personal Trainer and Registered Dietitian
Katie has been a certified personal trainer since 2012. She began her career working with fellow students and employees at Virginia Tech. Since then she has trained a wide variety of clients, ranging from young men trying to build up their muscle mass to senior women looking to improve their health and wellness. As a Registered Dietitian, Katie can work with you in the full spectrum of health to help you reach your full potential by focusing on the relationship between nutrition and exercise. She is passionate about the quality of life and will help coach you on making a lifestyle change that will improve all aspects of your life. Her goal is to lead her clients to feel confident and comfortable in the gym and make the process not only successful but enjoyable!
Current Certifications and Education
- ACE Certified Personal Trainer
- CDR Registered Dietitian
- ACE Weight Management Certificate
- B.S. Human Nutrition, Foods, and Exercise: Dietetics – Virginia Tech
- American Red Cross First Aid, AED/CPT Certified
"Katie is a joy to work with as both a trainer and dietitian. She taught me lifelong lessons about food, nutrition, and healthy living that changed my approach to meals and food shopping for the better. She’s positive, supportive, and really knows her stuff - I highly recommend!"